Went The Distance Now I'm Back On My Feet // March Recap 2020





ANOTHER MONTH HAS COME AND GONE AND NOW WE ARE A QUARTER OF THE WAY INTO THE YEAR AND I FOR ONE AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT





This Month's Posts:



Other Blogging News:
I'm trying to figure out what posts I should do for my Write What You Know series...
To date I've done one post on international travel, three on horses (Tack, Equestrians, and Horse Girl Quirks), two on farming (planting season and winter chores), one on ice skating (which is really funny now that my sister is an ice skater...but yet surprisingly relatable) and what I like to call the "Huh. So MK would survive the zombie apocalypse series" which includes one on river travel, one on archery, one on knife throwing, one on wilderness survival...


The purpose of these posts is partially to be a research point for people who have no experience in these areas but also remind those of you who do of things that can be incorporated into your stories!
For example...I ALWAYS forget about string slap when I am writing. (I do not, however, EVER forget it while shooting.)


So I'm trying to figure out what topics I should do next! 
Option 1: College Student [Which will mainly be funny college stuff and probably not actually be helpful for anyone's novelling]
Option 2: Wilderness Survival (Again!) [I remember telling someone I would explain how to skin a squirrel as basically and non-graphically as possible...And then never did. So that will be in there]
Option 3: Another ice skating one...Or maybe one about hockey? OOH. HOCKEY/ICE SKATING AND THEIR RIVALRY? 
Option 4: IDK...I'm running out of ideas. What it's like being in competitive speech and debate? More international travel things, but this time more about actually being overseas (Mainly Europe) rather than just the flight over? 


Either way! Comment below what you're interested in seeing!

    
Some interesting posts from around the blogging world:

JEM JONES IS BACK
         
Everyone started announcing their Camp NaNoWriMo Projects for April!
See Catherine's here on The Rebelling Muse

Lia had her blogoversary! 
And asked for questions AGAIN poor fool. Luckily I was busy this year so I couldn't do anything truly impressive...Oh well, there's always next year!

 And Julian from Saver of Memories and Sarah from Pen of a Ready Writer released their story into the world when they called for Beta Readers!!

AND CATHERINE RELEASED THE WHITE ROSE FOR BETA READERS

AND THEN LIA DID TOO
  



You would think I would get a bunch done this month since I had spring break...and then was given two weeks at home with virtual classes... and then had the entire semester of face to face classes canceled so I'm going to be home till next semester and only have virtual classes. 
 
Well! Guess how much I got done!

Absolutely nothing. 

Snippet: No time for thanks!” Anika cackled. “Fly, fly!”





 


Books Read This Month: 2
  
The Twelve Dancing Princesses by KM Shea (Timeless Fairy Tales)
The Snow White from KM Shea (Timeless Fairy Tales)

Monthly Book Suggestion: 

The Twelve Dancing Princesses by KM Shea. It is the tenth book in the series and I LOVED IT SO MUCH. All of the books in the series have been well written and entertaining, but this
is one of my absolute favorites!






Any life-threatening events this month? You mean besides *horrified gasp* THE CORNIVIRUS???? 
My school closed down for two weeks (They didn't give us time off, they just switched to virtual classes. And then a few days later they closed the campus for the entire semester.


AND THEN once I was back, I. Dropped. My. Laptop. 
And when I picked it up, the screen wouldn't turn on...

ACK

Because of how crazy everything had been, I. Hadn't. Backed. Up. My. Laptop. In. Months.
Goodbye entire second draft of The Hedgehog King! Goodbye, partial third draft! All those horrible hours of editing WASTED! GOODBYE 12 PAGE PAPER THAT I WROTE EARLY AND HADN'T TURNED IN YET.

Luckily, the computer was "just shocked" (IDK what that even means), but it came back on after I'd suffered for a few minutes.

So yeah...I immediately back up my hard drive after that.


Plans for April:


Camp NaNoWriMo:
 

   
I plan to work on "writing" at least 15 minutes every day no matter what. I'm planning on working on editing The Hedgehog King, but I'm trying to kickstart my creativity again so if I get inspiration to work on an older draft, I'm doing that instead. 

(It's a good way to trick yourself into working when you're procrastinating. Pretend your secondary task is you procrastinating and BAM suddenly its much more fun!)





So what are you up to? Camp NaNo yay or nay? 
MK
 









Comments

  1. Okay, but that is a GOLDEN method of not procrastinating. I am definitely using that today - I need it. XD

    And you are going to CRUSH Camp NaNo! You got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you didn't lose all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oof glad your laptop survived. But now i'm going to have to think of something besides a Q&A for next year :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As if I won't have a devious plan for whatever you come up with????

      Delete

Post a Comment